Saturday, March 26, 2011

Obsessed with work?

I often wonder if I have anything else to talk about besides my job. I have family visiting right now and I feel bad for my roommate and my family. With my roommate all we talk about is our jobs, and with my family all we talk about is our family. So of course my roommate now knows every single thing about each and every member of my family. Did I mention she just moved in yesterday and we've only know each other for 6 months? But she is a trooper and takes it in stride. So yes, she and I talk about work a lot, but in my defense, I work a lot and my job is funny/crazy. I happen to love my job right now. I am happy to say that I like going to work. Even though pretty much every day I find out something new and generally have no idea what I am doing. That's ok, they have told me I am super competent and know what I am talking about. Which  means of course, that I am really good at faking it :) And I fit right in with the people I work with. Yesterday we were waiting for a drill to finish and we start talking about farting. I told them that if I was in my office alone, not to come in right away because there might be a toxic gas spill.

No comments:

Post a Comment